- Chloe enjoys reading more than before....she feels a lot more confident about her handwriting. She knows which way the letters and numbers go, which was a struggle before. She is very proud of having done the program and she does not feel negatively about being diagnosed as dyslexic, she is actually proud of it because she feels like she is creative and smart and that it is truly a "gift". -Joanne-Joanne mom of 11yr old girl, Handwriting Program
- - My 13 year old daughter attended the Davis Dyslexia Correction Program through Learning Tools six months ago and already we are seeing a great improvement. She worked one on one with Sophia in a calm & welcoming environment for six full days. Since then she no longer avoids reading and writing and her enjoyment and confidence have increased significantly - this after years of suffering at school. Her level of comprehension and use of vocabulary have also improved enormously, as has her spelling, in a very short period of time. In her own words this is what she says about the Davis Program: “Afterwards it did help me with my spelling and my understanding of the meaning - especially hard words that dyslexics have difficulty with. It was very interesting the way Sophia taught me how to do the Davis Program. In the end I would definitely say that it has helped me a lot. You just have to have the will power & courage to continue with program.” We cannot thank Sophia enough for her commitment and dedication and would not hesitate in highly recommending her and the Davis program for those with dyslexia. Ghislaine BH
- "Learning Tools made a huge difference for our family and with our daughter. We weren't aware the extent of her challenges until well into middle school. Inviting Sophia to support us eased the sense of overwhelm we had. She had a calm presence and a warm style that resonated with our daughter. We not only saw a significant difference in our daughter's reading comprehension and writing ability, but we were heartened by her engagement in the learning process. We'd recommend Learning Tools!" -Charlie- Charlie K. (dad of a 13 year old, Dyslexia Correction Program)
- I'm so grateful for the dyslexia correction work that Sophia did with my son. He was a different kid after the first day. He was happy again. He now recognizes when he is becoming disoriented and corrects himself. Sophia spent time with my husband and I too and we can now identify when he is disoriented and also when he triggers on words while reading. We learned so much from her. She agreed to travel here (to Alaska) and spend a couple of weeks so that he could be in his home environment while going through the program and I think that helped him during this process. We were able to meet with his teachers and she provided the school with a presentation about dyslexia. We are so grateful and wish we had found Sophia from Learning Tools and the Davis Dyslexia Program sooner. -StarlaStarla KMom of a 13 boy, Dyslexia Correction Program & Math Mastery Program
- Sophia worked with my son who is autistic and dyslexic. I can only describe what she did as a miracle...
he went from crying about math to asking his teacher to quiz him. Her compassion and understand ing of dyslexia is a true gift to my family! -Sarah- Sarahmom of 9-yr old boy, Math Program
- Sophia is a gentle guide for the Davis Program. She is patient and works diligently to make the understandable to both parents and students. -Cathy S.
- “Both my nine-year-old and my twelve-year-old made immense progress in their week with Sophia. They are now reading much more fluently and challenging themselves with their reading materials.Sophia met them with warmth and professionalism and in a very short amount of time was able to create a connection that made the learning possible and meaningful. As parents, we are deeply grateful for the Davis method and particularly for Sophia as a gifted facilitator” -R.L.
- Sophia's ability to connect with children and draw them in to the program is remarkable. The Davis Dyslexia program itself is unique in the way it reaches children. I have been incredibly pleased with both the program and Sophia's work with my children. I have two very different children with different learning issues and she worked with each to bring out their best and help them to reach their goals that they set. After years of working with various programs and specialists, our older child is now well on his way to reading and catching up on his reading level. Though it has required diligence and hard work, it has been very worth it! Our daughter did the math program and it completely boosted her confidence and her skills in math. She is not filled with the same dread she was before. And as a bonus, it quickly improved her reading level to the point that she has become a non-stop reader. Sophia's knowledge and guidance through all of this has been immeasurable and I am thrilled to recommend her! -Anna Katherine- Anna KatherineMom of 11 yr old boy, Reading Program & 10 yr old girl, Math Program
- I highly recommend Learning Tools. Sophia does an excellent job of teaching the Davis program. My grandson, age 13, recently took the math and writing program from her. Since then, he has made more progress in these areas than in the last three years in a school for dyslexic children! Sophia is knowledgeable, patient, flexible, and has great follow-up, too. Just wish we had found Learning Tools earlier! -Jan A
- We were looking for a dyslexia coach for our 14 year old son. Having tried multiple methods and resources to help him, we eventually found Sophia and the Davis Method. What I love about this approach is that it celebrates the giftings of the dyslexic mind, i.e. a picture thinker, while teaching when and how to suppress these differences. Sophia, in particular, has been very encouraging and patient with the results and is continuing to stand by us to see the process through to the finish. -Sarah P
Learning Tools > Testimonials